Falling Walls Lab Heidelberg is a platform for excellent academics, entrepreneurs and professionals from all disciplines who would like to present their research work, business model, innovative project or idea in front of their peers and a distinguished jury from academia and business – in 3 minutes each. The winner will qualify for the Falling Walls Lab Finale in Berlin on November 8th!
Your chance to present your own idea to the best from science and business at the renowned Falling Walls Conference!
How do you become a labster?
June 23, 2020 ONLINE hosted by Heidelberg University
- Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- Labster has three minutes to present their ideas to the audience and the jury. You can do a PowerPoint presentation with max. Use 3 slides.
- The language of the Lab is English.
- In the end, the jury decides who is allowed to go to Berlin for the final Falling Walls Lab on November 8, 2020. In addition, you will receive travel expenses and accommodation (November 7-9, 2020), as well as one of the coveted tickets for the Falling Walls Conference!
- Registered students (Bachelor / Master), PhD students and postdocs from all departments and / or
- Young academics (up to 5 years after completing a doctorate, 7 years after a master and 10 years after a bachelor) and / or
- Participation from 18 years
- Fill out the online application form at https://falling-walls.com/lab/apply and submit it electronically together with a justification, a brief summary of the topic and a CV
...get you fit for the competition and offer an online presentation workshop & individual pitch training for all successful applicants in May / June!
A stage, a great idea and three minutes to present it.
This is the Falling Walls Lab Heidelberg.
The international forum offers emerging talents, innovators and creative minds the opportunity to present their research, ideas or business models.
In the end, a jury from science and business decides which Labster will take part in the final Falling Walls Lab in Berlin on November 8th. There the best Labsters from 100+ events from all over the world compete against each other. The top three will receive prize money and the opportunity to present their topics on the big stage of the Falling Walls Conference the next day in front of more than 1000 international guests.
At the international conference in Berlin, 100 leading global researchers will present scientific and social solutions to global challenges such as climate change, energy generation, health, security, fair and sustainable business. The goal is to tear down walls and overcome boundaries: in the mind, in thinking and in acting.
The Heidelberg University, together with the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT), is organizing the Falling Walls Lab for southwestern Germany.
Falling Walls Lab Heidelberg will be an online event hosted by Heidelberg University. If you want to take the chance, you can apply until April 30, 2020 at http://falling-walls.com/lab/apply.